Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hellooooo!!!!! (yes, its been a long time)

So I am not usually THIS bad at blogging but it seems this summer I just have not kept up with my blogging a bit!! So here's an update of Summer 2011.

The school year ended the beginning of June and Jack and I have been hanging out since!! We have finally settled into somewhat of a routine. We have had lots of snuggle time, lots of laughs and well even a few tears but I just love being with my little guy everyday! I think returning to work this August will be vastly harder than when I went back to work last March.

Jack has of course turned 6 months old and 7 months old this summer and he is growing so fast!! At his last well visit he was 16 1/2 lbs and 26 1/2 inches. I have not weighed him since to see how much he weighs these days but by the look of his pajamas and clothes he is doing a great job of growing!

To assist in his growing I have been making his baby food and its going quite splendidly. We started vegetables and fruits after I wrapped up school since I had plans to make his food and wanted the time to figure it all out. Jack is currently enjoying avocados, carrots, sweet potatoes, bananas, pears, green peas and green beans. I have successfully made everything but the carrots simply because everytime I go to whip up a batch of carrots something has come up..such is life!


We took our first family vacation over the 4th of July holiday. Brian is blessed with paid holidays so he took a couple of vacation days the week prior to the 4th and we had a lovely 5 day weekend together. Vacationing with a 6 month old can be interesting and limited unless you head to the In-laws!! Oklahoma was our vacation destination this summer and it was great! My in-laws live in Broken Arrow so we headed up early one morning and had a great time with family. We took Jack to the zoo for the first time and swimming for the first time. Brian and I had a date night and Grammy & Papw had lots of great Jack time. Granddad Noss was also in Broken Arrow so we had a great time visiting.

Since vacation we have been to the pool a few times with Jack, Brian and I have instituted "Sunday Night Movie Night" and Jack has cut his first tooth!! Last Thursday and Friday I knew that teeth were on the move and we had a rough couple of days (tear included) but we made it through and things seemed better Saturday morning. I checked Jack's gums Saturday morning when we got up and I still felt the bumps on his gums but no tooth yet. I headed out mid-morning to run errands and when I returned Jack was sleeping soundly...for 2 1/2 hours!! When he woke up I was curious and checked his gums again...A TOOTH had broken the skin. I pray that all his teeth will make appearances in his sleep!! So tooth #1 has appeared on the bottom and I am pretty sure that #2 isn't far behind.

We have just under a month left until I return to work and meet my new kids for the year. This week we are spending time visiting with family and friends over lunch and coffee before family arrives this weekend. Martin (Brian's brother) is coming to town with the kids for an overnight visit and then my mom and niece arrive Sunday for a few days. Mom and Hayleigh will leave just in time for my BFF, Karen, to arrive for a weekend visit! So we may only have a month left but we are not done having fun!!

So here are a few pictures from our summer. Hope this post finds you well and enjoying your summer.

Jack's 6 Month Picture


Jack's 7 month picture

At the Zoo with Daddy, Grammy & Papaw
Hanging out with Granddad Noss

Baby Food Making Process

2 comments:

Jaimee Hunter said...

This is awesome! Thanks for the recap. Love you!

Cheryl Barker said...

Jack looks like such a happy little guy. What a cutie pie!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!