Monday, July 30, 2012

A New Hobby: Sewing

So the Englands have a new hobby...Sewing!  Brian and I had been talking recently about learning how to sew.  I started checking prices for basic sewing machines.  A good friend of mine actually scored us a barely used machine at a garage sale!  My mother-in-law has been visiting for a few days and she is quite adept at sewing so we put her to work teaching.  I did a little bit of sewing as a kid and had some basic knowledge but Brian didn't have any prior knowlege.   After a bit of playing around with the machine and getting it all tuned up we decided our first project would be a pillow for Maddie, our dog. We have had her about 2 years and she has had the same dog bed so we thought a new pillow would be nice and a good basic project to start.  My MIL helped me cut the material and then Brian did the majority of the sewing (as seen in the picture below). I stuffed the pillow and finished off closing it up. As you can see, it was a successful project and Maddie likes her new bed.



1 comment:

Peggywhiz said...

Maddie, you look so comfy on your new pillow and Mimi loves the fabric choice. Great job Brian, Amy and Rhonda.

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!