Monday, February 28, 2011

Sleeping Through the Night and Church


This past weekend we celebrated a couple of milestones. Saturday night J man slept 8 1/2 hours!! Around 3:30 I heard J man begin to rouse and I woke Brian up (he gets the weekend shifts for middle of the night feedings). I heard Brian head to the bathroom and then on to the kitchen to fix J's bottle but I didn't hear J man anymore. So I hopped up and grabbed my Iphone and headed to the nursery. I used my flashlight app to sneak a peak at J man who was sleeping soundly!! So I told Brian to just leave the bottle out because "Oh I am sure he will be awake in the next half hour or so". How wrong was I? 5:45 I woke up to J man's sweet cries. He had been alseep since 9:15 the night before!!! I was amazed. I didn't expect he would sleep that long for a few more weeks but am truly happy this has begun. If he keeps this up it will make returning to work a tad bit easier!!


Sunday we celebrated our first church service as a family! J man did great (kinda helped he had a full belly when we arrived!) I kept him in the Moby for a good part of the time and he just chilled out. He got a little fussy towards the end of service but the nursing room at church is great and we rocked our way to the finish! We were blessed to have Grammy (Brian's mom) and our neighbor Bonnie and her two boys at church with us also. Papaw had come down with Grammy but had to head back to Oklahoma on the same day because he was getting sick.
Sitting in service Sunday gave me whole new meaning and appreciation for my salvation. I know that God sent his son to die for me and for everyone but as I held my young son and I sang "Oh how he loves us" it hit me like a brick. I suddenly had an overwhelming understanding of just how much God loves us because I realized that God sent his son to die so that my son might have eternal life. WOW!! The love you have for your child is like no other and you can't explain it or understand it until you experience it. I love J man so much it hurts. I can't imagine giving him up let alone sending him to his death and yet that is what my God did for me and for J man and for everyone. I cried tears of joy as I sang and swayed while holding my son and thanked God for all He has done in my life but especially for my salvation because without it I would have nothing. We pray each night as a family and each night Brian prays that J man will come to know the Lord young in life and that he will grow up to honor the Lord's kingdom.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in
Him should not perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16

J man dressed up in his Sunday best!


Here we are after service.

1 comment:

Cheryl Barker said...

Amy, thanks so much for sharing the deeper understanding and fresh appreciation God gave you for your salvation -- for OUR salvation -- because of your experience as a parent now. We forget how precious it is and the price that was paid. Thanks for the vivid reminder.

(So happy for your full nights of sleep now!)

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!