Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Today's Lesson..for myself.

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. " Malachi 3:10

This verse was brought up tonight in my bible study and it really spoke to me. Tithing from a financial viewpoint has not been an issue for me but see there is more to give the Lord than just money. See I don't tithe/give my time. I don't give Him ME everyday. I don't give him at least 10% of my day. And really..10% of a 24 hour day!!! Are you kidding me????I can't manage to spend 24 minutes with my Lord and Savior!!....yeah..that's me. I go through peaks and valleys here...some weeks are great..others stink.

I need and want to do things differently. To renew my mind..so my habits will follow. To draw so close to the Lord that one day, one step away..almost hurts.

Romans 12:12 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will"

See I think in order for me to give my time... I have to change my view..my mind. Those things that are important to the world....not so much when it comes to eternity.

Anyone out there feel me? Are you in my boat? Have you been rowing along with me?

Let's get out...get on dry land...get on our knees and renew our minds.

*Okay..so math is not my strong suit..after a friend posted..totally realized my numbers were way off!!...144 minutes would be 10%....so ready to give 10% with me? * *Oh and I know..this is not about an amount of time...its just about TIME...giving freely of it to HIM*

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

I was about your age when the same thing struck me.

It's not something that we're taught ... but I firmly believe it should be.

The reality is,a day consists of

1440 minutes. 10% of that is only 144 minutes. Just a little over 2 hours. 2 hours ...24 minutes.
144 minutes is all it is .. how much we ask of God ...and we can't give him 144 minutes?

While there may be times we need to give that in 144 minute chunks ... the reality is (I use that phrase all too often!) if we are doing as we have been taught ...
keeping his word close to our hearts ...meditating on Him ... and sharing His word with others ...shouldn't that 144 not be ENOUGH ...

when you start to add the 2 minutes with the 10 minutes with the 30 minutes .. it starts to multiply and before you know it ..you're doing what God intended and it starts to come back ... pressed down shaken together and running over ...and you can't wait to find another 144 minutes of time to give to Him ...

I hope that made sense, it's 1:19 in the morning ...

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!