Thursday, September 18, 2008

Peace

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Today I have a dear friend having a stressful moment..haven't we all had them? Some more often than others? Some more intense than others?

This verse came to mind as I was visiting with her and I realized that too often I don't rely on His peace. I need to rest in His promise..daily. See sometimes I bring that stress into my own life..with worry, fear, anxiety..and I don't trust His word. NOW...sometimes stress comes because we are walking, breathing, upright folk that just experience stuff! And Stuff can bring stress. All that said...those times I bring it upon myself...I gotta make a change..and trust HIM and HIS promise. Oh and with the other stuff...I still need to trust HIM and HIS promise.

I also know that I think I have it all figured out what that Peace should look like.
But He tells me that He does not give like the world does...and how often do I completely forget that!


Hope you are having a blessed day.

2 comments:

Chad & Amy said...

Thanks for the post:)
I took a morning to sleep due to all the stress...this was a good reminder!

About Nancy said...

Great reminder. Thanks for sharing.

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!