Friday, November 30, 2007

A New Hobby

So..do you ever get bored? Wish you knew how "to do" something new? Well I had one of those moments...last summer!! I had been thinking about learning how to crochet..so I bought a skein of yarn..one for practicing on. Well that little skein of brown yarn sat in a bag..until October!! Many of you know that my grandmother recently passed away...the month before she passed we spent many hours at the hospital with her. I decided that practicing my crocheting would be a good thing to pass the hours..so I picked up my "K" hook and I began. After lots of practice, hints from my mom, Connie and whoever was around and knew how to crochet...I decided I had practiced ENOUGH!! So the gray scarf you see below...my first creation! Not too shabby if I do say so myself. I have since made 2 baby blankets and am working on another scarf.


It has been nice to create something..to see something transform from nothing much..so something with a purpose and a use!! It has been fun. I am not a pro..but I do plan to pick up a book soon and learn how to read a pattern. I have to learn how to make hats...at my husband's request..next. I don't think I will venture past simple blankets, scarfs, afghans..etc..but I am really enjoying my new hobby!! It's not a great view..but below is the baby blanket I made for my new newphew...Bryce! It matches his room!

2 comments:

Marc and Charity said...

Well, I'm totally impressed Amy! they both are so cute and I love them!!!! well done!

My Shelton Boys said...

Amy,

Your crochet looks great! i tried to learn knitting while I was out sick last fall, but it's too slow!!! Maybe, i'll go back to crochet. We are sorry to hear about your grandma. Please know that Jeff and I are praying for you and your family. So when ar you planning a trip to Chattanooga?

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!