Wednesday, September 12, 2007

2 months is WAY too long!!

Well I never meant to go this long without posting on our Blog! Summer just got busy at the end and we are already in the 3rd week of the new school year! Wow!

Summer was great this year..for probably the only time in my teaching career..I really had 3 months off. Well almost..one week shy of being a full 3 months! So enjoyed it while I had it.
The new year is off to a good start. Our building is still under construction so there are guys in hard hats everywhere. They should be done by Novemeber with the final stages.
I am no longer in Portable Land! I moved inside this year and the move is bitter sweet! No longer do I control my own thermostat...no longer can I open a window for fresh air....no longer can Sandie and I just shout at one another through the double doors...Sniff Sniff...I am sad.
But at least the bathroom is closer now. :-)

Brian has been plenty busy at work recently...not many extra long days but busy ones.

We did enjoy our weeks vacation back in July and the recent 3 day Labor Day weekend.

We went to Texarkana for the weekend. My mom turned 60 and a friend threw her a surprise party! We had a blast!
Brian also got to hang one more night with the old crew..the guys all got together for a night of HALO 2. It was good to be home with family and friends.


Many of you know that my grandmother has been going through tests to determine the pathology and state of a tumor in her lung. She had a PET scan done today and the results from that will determine the need for surgery or not. We are so thankful that the tumor is benign..Praise the Lord! Now we just hope it is not active. Your prayers are appreciated!


Mom arrives tomorrow but not for scrapbooking...The Cricut is not coming to Dallas. :-)
She has a booth at a craft fair in my school district this weekend. So Saturday we will be selling her wares! Hope she does well.

The fall looks as busy as ever...my calendar is already full. But I love this time of year...the temperature is dropping..WOO HOO...65 when I went to work this morning! I love everything about fall. Especially the Fair!! Can't wait for a Fletcher's Corny Dog..and maybe a Fried Snickers..the winner of the Fried Food Competition this year won with a Fried Cookie Dough...don't know if I will try that one or not.

Well I do believe that is quite enough for now. I really hope to do better about posting to our blog.
Hope this finds you having a blessed day!!





Us at the Mercy Me concert before a Rangers Game!




The Queen of the Crop turns 60!!
Don't she look great! Love ya Mom!






2 comments:

The Liberto Family said...

It's about time you posted! Your grandmother is in our thoughts and prayers! Glad you all had a good summer!

Marc and Charity said...

Well I'm totally jealous of you talking about the fair and corny dogs and fried snickers. Eat one for me please!!!! I love fall too, but it just does not have the same "feel" here. 65 degrees is our high most of the time! :)

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!