Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Memaw

Happy Birthday Memaw,
Today is your 88th birthday and I still cannot believe you have been gone 4 years.  You are so dearly missed and my memories of you and with you are cherished.  So much has happened in the past 4 years and I wish I could tell you everything.  I have a hope and a dream that you get so see glimpses of our lives from heaven.  I hope you saw the day Jack was born. He is so very amazing.  He just turned a year old recently but today was actually suppose to be his birthday.  I love that his due date was on the 29th because it made me think of you even more.  Jack makes us laugh daily and I have no doubt he would keep you in stitches also.  I tell him about you and we use your quilts daily because I know you would want that.  I opened your last jar of fig preserves last weekend and they are delish!!  I won't ever get rid of the jar or the lid since it has your handwriting on the label.  You were in my dream last week and when I woke up I was thrilled to have "seen" you.  You were in your car and were driving down our old street.  You waved and I seemed to know you were going to the hairdressers.  So Happy Birthday Memaw.  I love you. 
Your granddaughter,
Amy

1 comment:

Joan said...

This is a lovely letter. Love and blessings.

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!