Tuesday, November 1, 2011

We Miss You

November 1, 2007

We said "Goodbye" to our beloved Memaw.  She was truly one of my best friends.  I don't know how many times she took me to the orthodontist, brought me lunch/shoes/books up to school, or took me shopping but I do know how many times she said "I love you".  I also know that almost every Saturday morning she would come to the house, sit at the bar, work on the crossword in the paper and drink coffee. 

She did not have a refridgerator she had an Ice Box.  She didn't pay the electric bill she paid the Light Bill.  She didn't watch The Prices Right, she watched The Come On Down before watching her other Programs.  She always used a coin purse, she loved her crossword puzzles and she love her grandkids, especially The Greats as she referred to her great grandchildren.  Memaw was the Rock of our family. She made us laugh and could beat our socks off in a game of Liver Pool Rummy.  

Memaw, I miss you dearly. I kiss your picture often and I would love for my sweet Jack to know you. I will do my very best to tell him all about you. All the things I love and all our wonderful memories.   I love you Memaw.

2 comments:

peggywhiz said...

You said it all so sweetley and so memaw, she was all of that. I truly had not realized it was Nov. 1st, I had not thought what the date was today, my mind is so busy and boggles and then this spider bite just has thrown me off. Thank you for the sweet remembrance of our precious memaw, who was so loved by her family and the best part, we will see her again, she is not gone forever, I often ask God to give her a hug for me. There was only one memaw with that sense of humor that we all loved, I think it is carried on by you, you were the closest grandchild to her, I wish that all the others could have really been around to know her as well as you did. I love you. Mom

Cheryl Barker said...

Amy, what a sweet tribute to your beloved Memaw. Even this blog post will one day help Jack know her better. Blessings to you all!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!