Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bad Blogger...Bad Blogger!!

Well as you can tell..I have not blogged in a couple of weeks. School has started and is off to a very fast start. I have good classes even though they are large classes. I think my largest class has 28 and my smallest has 12. I am currently caught up on grading papers but that won't last with tomorrow's quiz. This year I am pleased to say that I am ONLY teaching. What do I mean by that you ask?

Well I have been at the high school for 11 years now and for the past 9 I have had an additional duty or responsibility. Everything from cheerleading, committee work, Renaissance to club sponsor...I have done it all. Last year I made the decision to reduce my work load and my stress level so I passed on Renaissance to another teacher. Six years was quite enough.

I am enjoying just teaching and trying to spread my wings a bit more with being creative and reenergized in the classroom. We also were blessed with a new language lab last year and after spending a year figuring out the system I am ready to get creative!

Brian and I have also been looking for a new Bible Fellowship (Sunday school) class at church. Back in the spring we both knew we had heard clearly from the Lord that our time as class directors had come to an end. We were blessed to be a part of the Truth class for over 3 years and we have so many wonderful friends as a result of being a part of that class.

This summer we have visited lots of classes at church and met tons of amazing people and heard the Lord speak in all of the lessons we heard. Recently we really felt good about a particular class and I think we will visit again this weekend. We are anxious to get settled into a class and get busy serving but at the same time we don't want to force anything. We truly just want to be lead by the Lord for our next place.

The weather has made an abrubt turnabout! As I sit here typing the balcony door is open and we feel the most pleasant breeze. The rain has kissed the earth this evening and it feels wonderful!! I sure hope that this glimpse of fall does not depart any time soon! Its September and in Texas that usually still means hot and humid! But for today I will be greatful!

I do hope the rain holds off come Saturday evening because we have tickets to the Brad Paisley concert at the Superpages.com Center down near Fair Park. We have lawn seats so kinda hoping the weather will be lovely!!

Hope this finds you doing well. I promise not to be gone so long next time.
Actually I have a post about "Going Green" I have been thinking about. Maybe that will be next!

2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Thanks for sharing a piece of your life with us Amy.

Praying for you and your hubby.

Enjoy yourselves and your life.

Love and hugs!

Cheryl Barker said...

Sounds like your school year is off to a great start, Amy. Hope you have a good weekend -- and here's hoping for no rain during the concert! Have fun!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!