Saturday, June 6, 2009

Say I love you..mean it..Life can be short

I know that everytime my husband and I part ways or hang up on the phone we make a point of saying "I love you". We don't walk in fear that at any moment one of us could be gone but we always want our last words to each other to be "I love you".

Today tragedy hit our family. My husband's brother-in-law was killed in a motorcylce accident. He was making a quick trip to the bank and did not make it home. He leaves behind a wife of almost 5 years and a son, who is only 6-weeks old. They are a precious family who are now grieving..we all are. We are all in shock, none of us were prepared for this.

We are blessed with the fact that Jon was prepared because he knew Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. And though we cry tears of sadness here on earth at this moment he is in the presence of our Almighty God and His son. That will be the one thing that brings so much peace in the coming days and weeks.

So today, if you are mad at someone...make it right.
If you are holding a grudge, let it go.
And if you haven't said "I Love you"..do it!! Do it now..and mean it.
And if you don't know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior..then pray and ask him to be.
"For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotton that whosoever should believe in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

That means He sent His son to die for YOU..no matter where you think you are in your life..good or bad..it makes no difference. We can never be good enough to save ourselves so stop trying and trust in the Lord. Right where you are, right now.

2 comments:

The Liberto Family said...

My heart goes out to Brian's family and you. Keeping everyone in our prayers.

Cheryl Barker said...

Amy, I just today came over and saw this sad news. I'm so, so sorry.

As you know, just last month I lost a friend in a car accident, and losing someone so suddenly and unexpectedly leaves family and friends alike reeling from the shock. Even though it wasn't to an act of violence as we normally think of violence, it still feels the loved one has been violently ripped from our lives.

My heart goes out to you all. You will be in my prayers!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!