Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Quilt Diva

Last weekend I was in San Antonio with a group from school. I was exhausted, grumpy and hungry when I came home..I just wanted to fall into bed and sleep for hours. Well I came home to a wonderful treat! My quilt!!


My Aunt Janet has taken up the Quilt Making Gauntlet in the family, since my grandmother passed away about a year and a half ago. Aunt Janet called me back in November to tell me that my birthday present would be late..like a few months! I knew she was making me a quilt!! I was right..she had it together but it needed to be sent to the quilters...so I waited!


And finally..this beautiful quilt arrived!






Its my Quilt Diva quilt. My mom has a wall hanging of THE QUILT DIVA that my aunt made when my grandmother was in the hospital. My Quilt Diva is the material with the Quilt Diva on it. I love the bright colors and the tag sewn on one corner..it makes me smile and cry all at the same time.



My Mom's looks like the above picture. I have this same adorable character all over my quilt in various colors! Its just TOOOOO cute!!!


I am so very proud to have this quilt. I love my Aunt Janet so very much and my Memaw was one of my best friends ever!!


4 comments:

Cheryl Barker said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the bright colors, too. You're lucky to have an aunt who loves you so much! (By the way, from your previous post -- great haircut!)

LisaShaw said...

That is beautiful Amy.

The Liberto Family said...

What a nice quilt! Love the colors

About Nancy said...

What a beautiful quilt. Certainly modern, colorful, and personalized. What a treasure.

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!