Monday, January 19, 2009

We've been hitched for 3 years!!

Brian and I have now been married for 3 years! I cannot believe how quickly these three years have flown by. I thought I would fulfill my promise and fill you in on how we celebrated!

Celebration: Part 1
Well our actual anniversary was last Wednesday, 14th, and since it was in the middle of the week we decided to do something simple but fun. One of our favorite things to do...is dinner and a movie...but not just dinner and then the movie..but at the same time. We love the Studio Movie Grill!! So off to see Valkyrie!!! We arrived in plenty of time and walked up to the counter to purchase our tickets. The nice young lady handed us our light-up coaster, menu and tickets while saying "The heater is broken in that theater. If it just gets too cold, come out and we will refund your tickets." Now this was on a evening when I think it was in the forties...so a little on the chilly side. Both Brian and I had brought our coats, so we decided to take the plunge. So we stroll on into the theater (having been told 2 more times about the broken heater) to find a little nip in the air. We quickly made our dinner selections, ordered our food and cuddled up!!
Just after we ordered I noticed 3 men came in and sat on the very back row. They all said "Good evening" and called upon their server. So that's a total of 5 people in this entire theater!
Our food was delivered as the movie fired up. About an hour and a half into the movie I happened to glance back to see that the 3 gentlemen that had joined us in the beginning were no where to be found! Guess they couldn't handle the cold!! I will admit, my nose and toes were cold by the time we left the theater! But the movie was really good and we were pleased that we stayed!

Celebration:Part 2
Well Brian and I would have liked to taken a trip somewhere but just didn't really have the time nor did we want to spend a huge chunk of change. So we opted for an overnight across town.
We had booked a room at the Hyatt Place for Saturday night. Check-in was at 3:00 so we were there by 3:30. With cell phones turned off, we lounged in the room watching the 47" TV until we got ready for dinner. Dinner was at a favorite of ours...La Hacienda: The Ranch! Brian had a steak and I had the fajitas! YUM!!! We took our time at dinner and just visited. It was so very nice to not be in a rush! After dinner we ran back to the hotel to drop off my leftovers and then we thought we would walk the mall for a bit. Well I curled up on the couch, found the movie channels, and "Juno" was starting...so Brian joined me and we skipped the mall. The movie was cute, I see why my teenage students loved it. We had a hankerin' for something sweet so we headed downstairs. (The Hyatt Place is a trendy hotel. You check yourself in at a KIOSK and they have a food bar for selections any time of the day or night. Starbucks inside...very OooLaLa) Anyway, we wanted something sweet...so Brian selected a cinnamon roll and I had the BEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE EVER!!!! So can you figure out I liked my choice? It was a Peanut Butter cookie with chunks of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups baked into it...sooooo delish!!!
We took our selections up to the room and snuggled up on the couch and munched away.
We slept in the next morning and LOVED the 12:00 checkout...we checked out a little before that...but SOOOOO nice to not have to rush. We had a lovely lunch at Weck's before heading back home.

It is amazing...we drove about 12 miles from the house...spent one night in a hotel..and we felt like we were a million miles away!! I think the NO cell phones, NO computers, and NO video games helped!!!

Anyway..we had a wonderful anniversary! Next year will be here before we can blink!

1 comment:

LisaShaw said...

Obviously you both had a wonderful time and I'm SOOOO happy for you both. Enjoy your marriage. Keep it fun and exciting, warm and loving and when tough times come be quick to forgive and remind yourselves of the love you have RIGHT NOW that will grow deeper in Christ each day.

Again, happy anniversary and may this year be filled with lots of love and laughter.

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!