Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Gotta Give a Speech!!

Well I know that I spend A LOT of time standing in front of people....opening my mouth and uttering words...but as I sit here...I am struggling to find any words. See..about 2 weeks ago I was asked to be the guest speaker at a banquet for the drill team at my high school. This is a first for me. I talk a lot throughout my week..just ask my husband..but not like this. I give out information and TEACH...I don't stand in front of a group of people and try to inspire. So I am working on my speech and hope I can be inspiring...I hope I can not clear my throat 40 times during my speech...and I hope I can 'read' my speech and not look like I am reading...teleprompters are not available...and I hope the girls are glad I was picked to speak! :-)

So back to re-read what I have worked on and see how I can improve, tweek, etc.
Tomorrow night I think I will make Brian listen to my speech..of course that will have to happen during an intermission...since the DALLAS STARS play tomorrow night!!! Puck drops at 6:30!!!
GO STARS!!!!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!

Okay....back to my "homework" Wish me luck...the banquet is this Saturday at 6:00.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good Luck! What an honor! Nerve wracking but what a great honor!

The Janiskos said...

you'll be great amy! you inspire me almost everytime we talk!

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!